Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Bravest Bear


As I type this post a flood of thoughts pass through my mind for tomorrow is a momentous day. Tomorrow will mark the last day of my first year at Baylor law, in a few short hours I will no longer be a 1L. Inspired by a desire to build a career and life I could be proud of, and insure that John was no better than me, I embarked on this hellish and fulfilling journey. During orientation I prayed that I would make it this far and was so envious of the 3rd quarters who were almost done with this chapter in their life. I also think my 1st year was marked with some rarities. I quit a cush job in Las Colinas, an island within Dallas County, to take on a massive amount of debt in Waco, an enigma within Central Texas. I also made the most important and exciting decision of my life when I married my Bride. Through it all I lived up to my Mantra, "Don't let John beat you." And now I see the light at the end of the Socratic tunnel. Finals only stand in my way and those to shall pass. Hopefully in ten years the words "Blassingame, Crowell, Luster and Associates" will adorn a mantle or office window but until then I'll count this as a chapter down. Wade, I'm sure you'll be the next Spielberg by then or at least Mike Judge.

9 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger jkluster said...

Here's to not letting John beat us!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger jkluster said...

And also to the time that you told me you hated me while I was speaking at your reception dinner!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger "#1 With Cheese" said...

Wes Anderson directed Bottlerocket and is connected to the Dallas duo, the Wilson brothers. And yes James did beat me "straight up" on the LSAT but he was playing at home and I was on the road so I'm pretty sure I covered the spread.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger "#1 With Cheese" said...

No sir I did not google my answer. I'm quite the cosmpolitan though.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger jkluster said...

I love you too Laura! And don't worry, I wasn't stuck in traffic that long this morning.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger jblassingame said...

Matt, I am glad to that you have chosen me as a measuring stick for your life goals.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger jblassingame said...

Oh and congratulations, we are all very proud of you Matthew. Your accomplishments are nothing to scoff at. Your'e on the way to a career that I know you will enjoy.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger "#1 With Cheese" said...

I need a beer, and a shotgun.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger "#1 With Cheese" said...

That submarine movie with Bill Murray. Where they go to kill the shark?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home